(Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act)
"Records Organization" plan to spend some time getting ready for FIPPA by getting your files (hard copy and electronic) and your emails in order.
You are considered a "Record Custodian" when you are a...
- Meeting secretary or minute-taker
- Record Filer
- Information keeper and storer
- Record log maintainer
This material will help you to identify:
- When you are the "custodian" of a record, and what your role and responsibility is to hold this record.
- What records are transitory and can be discarded after use.
- What records are duplicates and can be deleted or placed in confidential waste.
For more FIPPA Information please refer to the FIPPA folder on the WLMH Network or contact your FOI Officer - Janice Latam, ext.282.
Preparation Information for your Records Organization:
- Click here for more FIPPA information.